To celebrate their 30th year together, Underworld return triumphantly with their first new album in almost 3 years. Wait – is Underworld really celebrating 30 years together? Wow. Let’s pretend we don’t remember when…
‘Barking’ is the duo’s sixth studio album and the first time Karl Hyde and Rick Smith have collaborated with other producers. The record enlists the help of techno producers Mark Knight and D. Ramirez (Always Loved A Film, Between Stars) plus a whole cast of brilliant and like-minded producers from across the spectrum of modern dance music to add personal touches to the band’s original material. Enter Welsh drum and bass artist High Contrast Scribble, Moon In Water), four-time Grammy winner Dubfire (Bird 1, Grace), Bristol based dub step producers Appleblim and Al Tourettes (Hamburg Hotel) and long term Underworld team member Darren Price (Between Stars).
Underworld’s Live Schedule:
- 17th July The Roundhouse, iTunes London
- 24th July Italia Wave Love Festival, Stadio Picche Livorino, Italy
- 06th Aug Sonne Mond & Sterne Leipzig, Germany
- 07th Aug Ibiza Rocks, Cream @ Privilege w/Radio 1 Ibiza, Spain
- 27th Aug Rock en Seine Paris, France
- 28th Aug Open Air Fest Zurich, Switzerland
- 11th Sept Berlin Dance fest w/ Paul van Dyk Berlin, Germany
Label: underworldlive.com / Cooking Vinyl/OM Records
Release date: September 14th 2010
Format: CD album / CD/DVD / 2 x 12″ vinyl / Special Edition Box Set / Digital – itunes (with bonus track) / itunes LP format (same as CD/DVD plus bonus track)
The accompanying DVD will feature a new video for each track on the album.