Dr. Tragic Josh prescribes twelve music vitamins to keep your ears and soul healthy and happy and ready for anything.
1. Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings – I Learned the Hard Way
Download the Free Mp3 “I Learned the Hard Way” by Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings via RCRDLBL.com now!
2. Daniel Martin Moore – The Hour of Sleep
Simple and sweet. Classy. But maybe just a little sappy!
3. Field Music – Them That Do Nothing
Wonderful!! Long Live XTC!!!!!! Continuing the long tradition of quirky pop.
4. Joshua James – Dangerous
Way more enjoyable than it should be.
5. Land Of Talk – May You Never
Am I nuts or does this remind you of the B52's without all the schtick?
6. The Watson Twins – Lady Love Me
Lovely groove and I love the vocals. really laid back, it sneaks up on you.
7. The Frames – Falling Softly
I'm way behind on this I know (duh!), but it's great, and i never really listened to it when it first came out.
8. Nana Grizol – Cynicism
I love this song. I'm not in love with the vocals, but by god it's a great little song. Love the arrangement. Simple and effective.
9. The Bird And The Bee – Meteor
Another one that's slightly older, but I came across it thanks to shazam, and it rocks.
Download “Meteor” by The Bird and the Bee for a buck at Amazon
10. Air France – No Way Down
This'll put a smile on your face and a spring in your step.
Listen to “No Way Down” by Air France at Klicktrack.com
11. Sally Seltmann – Harmony To My Heartbeat
Has a bit of old Wall of Sound vibe to it. Great song. Simple.
Listen to “Harmony To My Heartbeat” by Sally Seltmann at messandnoise.com
12. Titus Andronicus – Four Score Part One
These guys are amazing. Just check out the record.
Happy listening to you.